Our client who is based within the higher education sector, have a temporary role for a Catering Assistant. This role will be based at the clients Paisley Campus.
The hours of work will be term time, 38 weeks per year, 20 hours per week, 10am - 2pm, Monday to Friday.
The rate of pay will be £9.15 per hour.
Candidates must have a PVG certificate to be considered for this role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1.To assist the Catering Supervisor / Cook, where necessary, with:
- the preparation, cooking and serving of food;
- transporting of food;
- clearing, cleaning, washing up within the kitchen, including 'in depth' cleaning using any approved specialised cleaning products and methods laid down.
- Receipt and storage of deliveries;
- Delivering refreshments for meetings as required; checking temperatures of food;
- Collection and reconciliation of cash.
2. To ensure that output and quality of work is of the highest standard and complies with current legislation/standards.
3. To serve customers with the correct items as requested and exercise portion control as directed.
4. To ensure that the service counters and working areas, public areas and other front of house areas are kept hygienically clean.
5. To clean down the filter coffee machine and other beverage dispensers (orange juice, speciality coffee) as required
6. To replenish service utensils, cutlery tray and stores as directed
7. To prepare made to order sandwiches as required
8. To prepare food for display (salads, packed sandwiches, wraps, paninis, desserts, cakes, canned drinks etc.) as directed.
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills;
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety at Work Act and Food Safety Legislation
- Willingness to undertake training as directed
- Experience of working in a kitchen.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Experience of safe working practices.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good customer liaison skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible approach to working.
- Good preparation and presentation skills.
- Ability to carry out manual handling duties.
- Operation of cash register.