Our client, a highly respected Public Health establishment based in Glasgow City Centre, require a Project Manager on a temporary basis (approx. 6 week assignment). The salary for the position is £17.87 per hour, working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
The post holder will manage the day-to-day running of the Decontamination Collaborative Programme (DCP). Ensure delivery of the aims and objectives of the programme of work on time and within budget using appropriate management methodologies. The Programme Manager will be responsible for ensuring the programme of work is successfully delivered for the period of the contract and that a final report is written, recording the findings to date and a pan for delivery of objectives for any outstanding work.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Management of the DCP work programme to provide ongoing review and guidance, support the delivery of an effective management and control mechanism for the creation, approval, delivery and post-implementation review of programme.
Decontamination Collaborative Programme Management
2. Programme management that produces comprehensive and fully costed Business Cases and present these to the funding authority (e.g. SFG) to secure funding for the programme objectives.
3. Develop and manage the plans, risks, and resources (inc. third party contributions and other resources) to deliver outcomes to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan.
4. Ensure that there are active and effective links to other HFS Programmes/projects and initiatives where relevant by identifying the key linkages, representing the Programme or other Project Steering Groups/Boards and participating in joint working where required.
5. Ensure effective implementation of the DCP, that it meets the requirements of the organisations Standing Financial Instructions, and all other internal policies and procedures.
6. Facilitate meetings of the decontamination collaborative group meetings and their sub groups
Daily use of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project 2000, Outlook Client
Mind Manager- mind mapping software used for electronic capture of strategic information
Adobe Acrobat Reader and Writer - use to create and view PDF documents
Visio or equivalent process mapping software
QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE SPECIFIED FOR THE POST
Degree or equivalent with evidence of continuing professional development with a relevant post graduate professional qualification.
Proven experience of programme management. Formal programme management training preferred.
Experience of using information for management purposes and in setting and monitoring targets and performance indicators
Evidence of excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent report writing and presentation skills
Experience of organising and chairing meetings.
Experience of change management and the use of skills to facilitate change.
Experience and knowledge of delivering effective customer-orientated services
Knowledge and experience of delivering quality improvement initiatives e.g. the ability to analyse and redesign business processes to make best use of the people involved and enabling this with new technology as appropriate.
Experience of co-ordinating all Project Phases including Initiation, Design, Implementation, Transition and Support
Evidence of excellent communication and negotiation/influencing skills as complex and sensitive negotiation, sometimes in emotive and hostile atmospheres, can be required
Good knowledge of methodologies and techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects