Pertemps Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Approved Electrician to join their public sector client in South Side Glasgow.
This is a temporary role for 3 months. Rate of pay will be £15.24 per hour. Hours of work are Monday - Wednesday 8.00am - 4.30pm, Thursday 8.00am - 3.30pm, and Friday 8.00am - 2.30pm.
The post-holder will undertake maintenance and installation of electrical equipment within housing and public buildings within the district.
1. Repairs, maintenance and new installation work in within housing and public buildings.
2. Testing lighting circuits, power circuits, L.V. systems, fire alarms, emergency lighting systems and rectifying faults.
3. Liaise with other trades as required.
4. Working on own initiative to provide a quality service.
5. Correctly identify repairs, replacement parts and fixtures.
6. Ensure that all works are carried out in a safe, tidy and compliant manner.
7. Ensure that the quality of work meets both organisation and Industry standards.
8. Ensure that productivity is maintained in line with departmental completion targets.
9. Record work carried out for administrative, payroll, stock, recharge processes, and work instructions, verbal, written or electronic, as necessary, demonstrating a degree of self-management.
10. Ensure the correct and timeous submission of all reports and documentation required by the department.
11. Ensure all aspects of organisation procedure are adhered to at all times.
12. Undertake multi-trade working and identify any training requirements.
13. Promote customer care at all times.
14. Adhere to the organisation commitment to Health and Safety
15. Ensure that Health and Safety regulations and risk management control procedures are met at all times and properly discharged.
16. Maintain tools, plant and transport in good working order.
17.Be available for out of hours working.
18. Be available for Council emergency call out.
19. Train and supervise apprentices, where necessary.
20. Undertake any other duties as prescribed.
21. Carry out daily van checks and driving duties.
This description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibilities associated with this job. It is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade.
1. Post-holders must be time served with appropriate City and Guilds Certificate or recognised equivalent. They must have full working knowledge of 17th Edition of IET Regulations.
2. Clean Driving Licence
3. Good Customer Care skills to deal with Council's customers in their home environment.
4. Good, sound knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and the ability to carry out these procedures during the course of work.
5. Commitment to achieving the required level of workmanship.
6. Follow the relevant stores procedure regarding the use of materials and the return of any used materials.
7. Development of a good working relationship with all colleagues and supervisors.
8. Ability to manage time effectively when planning and/or undertaking work schedule.
Preferably experience in domestic installations and remedial repairs work within a local authority or housing association.