Our client, a highly respected public sector organisation based in Gourock, require a number of Customer Service Advisors on a temporary basis for a minimum of 4 months. The salary for the role is £10.73 per hour. This role is homeworking initially therefore a good, reliable internet connection is essential.
Working 40 hours per week - Allocated between 7.00am and 9.00pm, 5 days out of 7 - including weekends.
Training is full-time Monday to Friday for 2 weeks and will take place on-site in Gourock.
Immediate start dates throughout August
Main purpose of role:
Provide an excellent service to customers through various channels; to resolve queries at first point of contact and ensure our customers receive a prompt and courteous service.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Responsible for the delivery of exemplary customer service to our internal and external
- customers by managing customer expectations effectively and proactively delivering the best solution for our customers.
- First point of contact for customers, with responsibility for providing information about our destinations and timetables, checking availability, handling allocations and making reservations,to providing customers with accurate information during times of disruptions.
- Responsible for maximising the value of every telephone interaction by converting customer enquiries into reservations and promoting the benefits of an online account.
- Responsible for accurate data capture and acquisition to enable the company to deliver the customer insight strategy.
- Responsible for the processing of reservation and retail payments and refunds, in addition to passenger rights claims or customer complaints.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the business to obtain the most up-to-date service information to enable informed, concise and consistent communication.
- Responsible for composing, disseminating and quality assuring communications, drawing from a wide range of sources to accurately inform our customers across multiple voice and non-voice channels such as telephony, web chat, email or social media.
- Accurately record telephone outcomes and provide feedback to the business to ensure continuous improvement and aid Customer Satisfaction.
- As required, support the other areas of Customer Services with voice and non-voice customer interactions.
- Excellent standard of written and verbal English. Educated to higher-grade in English or equivalent.
- Experience of working within a Customer Service role, with the ability to quickly build rapport with customers and colleagues.
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise workloads in a fastpaced, customer-focused environment.
- The ability to demonstrate empathy while at the same time able to deal with sometimes challenging conversations.
- Demonstrate IT literacy and proven experience of Microsoft Office 365 and social media platforms.
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential, along with the ability to follow processes and perform consistently in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to quickly demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of our services, including destinations, timetables, vessels and processes.
- A flexible approach combined with the ability to work in a small, highly motivated, customer focused team.
- An ability to take responsibility for personal performance and achievement of targets