Position: Business Finance Analyst
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £14.66 - £16.68
Under the direction of the Business Finance Manager, the Business Finance Analyst is a key member in the team responsible for providing exemplar financial management guidance and advice. The role is important in contributing to the efficiency and effectiveness of services and business processes undertaken by Finance Business Partners.
This role is important in providing financial management advice and guidance to Finance Business Partners and the directorate budget managers as necessary, guiding them through budget setting and monitoring and tackling difficult financial decisions, for current and future years.
- Input into delivery of Finance Directorate Delivery Plans.
- Assist, along with other senior members of Business Finance, on providing advice to Directorates on future funding scenarios and upcoming changes.
- Deliver advice, guidance and financial information to assist budget managers as directed by the Management Reporting Accountant
- Assisting Management Reporting Accountant and Business Partners in delivering effective and efficient Finance advice and guidance to Directorates.
- Providing support to Management Reporting Accountant and Business Partners in reporting across Directorates and to NRW on financial performance and budget management.
- Assist Management Reporting Accountant and Business Partners in their role, by providing relevant information to help Directorates undertake their responsibilities to set and monitor their budgets.
- Attend as directed Management or Team meetings in the undertaking of their roles
- Provide assistance to Management Reporting Accountant and other Senior Business Finance staff in analysing and providing recommendations upon financial information.
- Ensure the control and accuracy of financial information held on systems and reported.
- Contribute, as required, to other items of work
- Maintain internal stakeholder relationships.
- Contribute to the provision of exemplar (but proportionate) service internally for supporting managers with reports and advise.
- The ability to communicate complex subjects effectively with internal (Finance and non-Finance) colleagues.
- Effective communication to Finance and non-Finance staff through the use of face to face meetings, Skype, Intranet, DMS, E-Mail and Reports to Directors.
- Help Business Finance improve financial skills and confidence throughout Finance and other Directorates.
Ensuring effective governance
- Assist, along with other senior members of Business Finance, in applying procedures and control documentation and advise Directorates on effective governance.
- Ensure controls underpinning the production and reporting of financial data are operating effectively.
- That advice provided to Directorates is appropriate, well considered, accurate and timely.
- Maintains records and information in line with agreed standards
Developing people and teams
- Provide advice and guidance to non-Finance staff in organisation
Job Specific Criteria:
- At least 3 years' experience working within Finance environment
- Very good level of educational qualifications (A Levels) is essential. Educated to a degree standard is desirable. Have Accounting Technician qualification and / or working towards a professional Accounting qualification is desirable.
- Experience of providing management accounting based advice, incorporating the traditional elements of reporting, monitoring, advising and budget setting.
- Very good numerical and analytical skills using a variety of software and applications.
- Very good organisational, written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Very good inter-personal skills with the ability to work under pressure using your own initiative in order to meet tight deadlines.
Welsh Language Requirements:
Due consideration has been given to the Welsh language requirements for the post and the existing skills within the team. Taking this into consideration the Welsh language skills required for the post are at Level 1
- Weekly pay
- 6 month contract
- Monday - Friday
- Canteen Facilities
- Free onsite Parking
- 37 hour week
Too apply for this position please click the apply button or call Jess on 01978291565