Position: Project Accountant
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £16.68 - £18.81
The role of Project Accountant will be a key member of the team responsible for providing exemplar financial management information, guidance and advice. The role is critical in helping to develop improved processes for the control, prioritisation and reporting of financial information and support the implementation of a new organisational and governance structure by April 2019.
This role will work with the Business Finance Manager, Income and Charges Manager, Development Accountant and others within and outside the team in ensuring that Business Finance can deliver efficient and effective service in the future in challenging budgetary constraints.
- Delivering results - part of a team responsible for:
- Development of (Finance System) to support a new organisational structure for April 2019; infrastructure to enable budget management, maintain the GL and producing management information etc.
- The development of new improved process for automating and linking Forward Forecasting tool, Resource Allocation Model, Directorate Resource controls and. This will include control by Funding Stream and activities; will link to news ways of working.
- The development of new ways of working for resource allocation and planning to take effect in 2017-18 incorporating the work being undertaken by the Effective Programme and Project Management (EPPM) Service Review in line with business needs.
- The development of new style reports that uses traditional cost centre, activity and funding stream information along with performance data and risk information to deliver the new process.
- Develop and implement a consistent way of working for charging corporate overheads to various funding streams.
- Working with EPPM Review, agree categories of projects which we will charge costs to and implement methodology.
- Link with other staff (mainly Management Reporting Accountant and Business Partners) to ensure that we optimise the processes developed and are implementable.
- Maintain internal stakeholder relationships.
- Contribute to the provision of exemplar (but proportionate) service internally for supporting managers with reports and advise.
- The ability to communicate complex subjects effectively with internal (Finance and non-Finance) colleagues.
- Effective communication to Finance and non-Finance staff through the use of face to face meetings, Skype, Intranet, DMS, E-Mail and Reports to Directors.
- Help Business Finance improve financial skills and confidence throughout Finance and other Directorates.
Ensuring effective governance
- Assist, along with other senior members of Business Finance, in applying procedures and control documentation and advise Directorates on effective governance.
- Ensure controls underpinning the production and reporting of financial data are operating effectively.
- That advice provided to Directorates is appropriate, well considered, accurate and timely.
- Maintains records and information in line with agreed standards
Developing people and teams
- Provide advice and guidance to non-Finance staff in organisation
Job Specific Criteria:
1) At least 4 years' experience working within Finance environment
2) Preferably a qualified accountant; however, part-qualified with suitable experience would be considered.
3) Experience of providing management accounting based advice, incorporating the traditional elements of reporting, monitoring, advising and budget setting.
4) Excellent numerical and analytical skills using a variety of software and applications.
5) Strong organisational skills.
6) Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to persuade and influence at all levels
7) Confident with the ability to work under pressure using your own initiative to meet deadlines.
Welsh Language Requirements:
Due consideration has been given to the Welsh language requirements for the post and the existing skills within the team. Taking this into consideration the Welsh language skills required for the post are at Level 1
- Weekly pay
- 6 month contract
- Monday - Friday
- Canteen Facilities
- Free onsite Parking
- 37 hour week
Too apply for this position please click the apply button or call Jess on 01978291565