About the role:
As the Operations Customer Manager is responsible for leading and managing a team of Network and Transmission System Operators to ensure safe and reliable water supply to all our customers.
You will be responsible for the operational output of the water supply system from abstraction, through treatment, transmission and distribution in the network to reach customers taps whilst ensuring appropriate strategies are applied to meet our regulatory outputs. You will also need to support and when required lean clean water events, liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
This role will involve leading and managing a team to achieve regulatory outputs and key performance indicators. Managing the team to achieve agreed objectives, providing leadership and development whilst tracking of corrective actions and action plans, and working with various teams in the business to deliver and drive performance.
This role requires a high level of Leadership, People Management and decision making.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Leading and managing a team to achieve regulatory outputs and key performance indicators
- Maintaining stakeholder relationships that facilitate smooth and efficient delivery
- Monitoring and reporting on outputs, ensuring key operational reports are timely and accurate
- Acting as a lead for Water Control during operational events ensuring that management information is provided to allow informed decision making
- Proactively managing and promoting a positive Health and Safety culture in the team and ensuring Health and Safety is considered in all delivery plans
- Effectively challenge to wider business to ensure key stakeholders deliver outputs as per plan & PRO’s to ensure we can deliver consistent supply to our customers.
What’s in it for you:
- Strong leadership skills are required together with an ability to make sound decisions under a pressured environment. Excellent influencing and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent understanding of quality management systems, operating strategy and the strategic water control plan.
- Strong people and performance management skills, ability to inspire and develop teams.
- Track record of strong performance and a demonstrated ability to deliver results, perhaps experience as a team leader.
- Commercial awareness and some experience of managing a budget.
- Ability to follow strict instructions, procedures, processes and guidelines.
- An understanding of key company operating procedures relevant to this role is ideal.
- Previous experience in operating SCADA, GIS & company office IT systems would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Water industry and regulations is preferred.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.