Pertemps Managed Solutions are currently recruiting on behalf of a government agency based in Cardiff who are looking to recruit a Procurement Specialist
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE FALLS OUTSIDE OF IR35
YOU MUST HAVE PUBLIC SECTOR OR UTILTIES EXPERIENCE TO APPLY
The procurement department supports the various directorates in procuring goods, services and works which enables the directorates to fulfil their corporate and commercial objectives, with a strong focus on flood risk management and consultancy services.
As a procurement professional the contractor will be responsible for a portfolio of contracts required by Evidence, Policy and Permitting and South Operations customers. The post holder will become part of several project teams and will play a pivotal role in the delivery of contracts and frameworks required by the business; this requires the candidate to be able to work to challenging project timescales and deadlines, across multiple requirements.
• The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (Full Membership, or working towards)
• Substantial experience as a Procurement practitioner, in the application of knowledge and the specific requirements of the post.
• Substantial experience of influencing procurement decisions at a project level.
• Experience of undertaking and leading procurement exercises, demonstrating success with their delivery
• Experience of undertaking high level and complex negotiations with supply partners
• Transferrable experience of using procurement to deliver business objectives.
• Understanding of procurement concepts, practices, governance & techniques, & maintenance of this through a range of interests & peer group interaction.
For more information please apply and a recruitment consultant will be in touch to answer any queries you may have