Job Title: Procurement ManagerDepartment: Finance (Strategic Procurement)Salary: £58,000Location: West London – Office based role
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Procurement Manager is responsible for achieving best value and cost-effectiveness through whole life contract management, ensuring the delivery of services and quality from the most suitable suppliers while maintaining full compliance with EU directives and public sector best practices. This role involves liaising, advising, and assisting internal stakeholders to ensure the realization of benefits from contracts. The company offer a great pension and execellent Personal development programme. T role has the option of working 1 day a week from home. You will have excellent work life blance as majority of staff work 35 hours a week. Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead tender management using e-tendering software to maximize the use of contracts, ensure contract compliance, and resolve issues in consultation with users.
- Plan and organize contract renewals, allowing adequate time for re-tendering.
- Guide internal department managers on monitoring and managing supplier cost, service, and quality performance, including setting and monitoring key performance indicators for key contracts.
- Benchmark prices and service level agreements and promote Consortia and CCS agreements.
- Develop category strategies and plans.
- Assist in preparing the commercial and legal elements of tender documentation.
- Manage the overall tender process for specific projects.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations, procurement strategies, and maintain financial probity in all dealings with suppliers.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and service the Value for Money Group and compile the yearly VFM report.
- Assist in progressing and further developing Procurement Strategies.
- Demonstrate commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
- MCIPS qualified
- Public sector procurement experience
- End-to-end procurement tendering experience
- Track record of successful contract management
- Track record of cross-functional team working
- Ability to work independently
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement
- Up-to-date working knowledge of procurement directives
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent IT skills