An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quality Engineer to start work at an established car part manufacturer in Gloucester!
In this role you will be responsible for working to strict safety and quality requirements to achieve daily production requirements in terms of quality and quantity to meet customer requirements.
You will be required to Promote a culture of working safely by working in a safe manner at all times complying with company Health & Safety and environmental standards and contribute to continuous improvement throughout the business.
You will need knowledge of 3S Standards and the use of 5S and Kaizen activities. Liaising with customers globally you will also participate in staff/team training and development.
This is an exciting role that offers variety, personal development, and internal progression.A successful Quality Engineer will have
Additional Information and Benefits for the Quality Engineer include
- Aptitude for problem solving and accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexible approach to working patterns and overtime.
- Minimum HNC in engineering related discipline.
- CMM experience.
- Experience with dealing with internal and external customers.
- Competent use of machine shop equipment (apprenticeship skills).
- Knowledge and experience of working to ISO9001/2, TS16949.
- Understanding/experience of SPC and process capability studies.
- Experience of customer contact.
- Automotive experience (beneficial)
Working a 2- shift pattern rota
- 25 days holiday (mostly fixed with plant shutdowns) + 8 Bank holidays
- 5-hour week working Monday to Friday.
- 20% shift allowance on PM shift
- Overtime (up to 1.5 hours compulsory overtime per day depending on business need)
- Work wear
- Free parking
AM – 06:00am – 14:10pm – Monday to Friday
PM – 15:20pm – 23.30pm – Monday to Thursday
14.20pm – 22.30pm – Friday This is an excellent time to join a well-established business during a key period!
For full details please contact Ellis Mears at the Gloucester Pertemps Office