Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes, keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open – and this matters even more through a pandemic.
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we’ve adopted during the pandemic, creating a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. We’re moving to a hybrid approach for our office-based roles with various options across working from the home, office, and our sites. We’ll cover this during the assessment process.What you’ll be doing
As part of this role, you will guide, develop, and build a multi-disciplined team necessary to ensure the success of the projects or programs you will be responsible for. You will be responsible for project delivery to time, cost, and quality commitments whilst ensuring compliance with legislation.
Also, you will closely and collaboratively work with the technical and commercial teams and all project stakeholders to ensure that project timescales and objectives are met. You will be responsible for driving project-wide continuous improvement and delivering against stretching targets.We’re looking for you to
- Hold an engineering or other relevant degree (or equivalent)
- Have a chartered status and/or Post-graduate business or project management qualification.
What’s in it for you?
- Have experience in delivering engineering infrastructure projects or programs up to £10m and experience in making investment decisions
- Hold good or detailed knowledge and experience of delivering complex projects with a regulated infrastructure environment ideally, but not necessarily, in the water industry
- Have experience in delivering projects through full planning and environmental impact assessment is desirable
- Have a track record of managing successful relevant activities. For example, capital engineering infrastructure projects
- Be self-assured in demonstrating your capability with risk-based and analytical decision-making.
- Be ‘self-starting’, resilient and tenacious under pressure, and with a desire to successfully deliver projects to time, cost, and quality
- Be a great team player with the ability to work collaborative in a stimulating project environment, who is fully adept at using the appropriate business IT systems
This position provides candidates the chance to work on different projects, with different people and organisations. This makes it great for someone who gets bored easily, it provides a constant challenge and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow all the time. In this position, the candidate will have the opportunity to manage multiple projects covering the whole lifecycle of the project from ideation to project completion. You will also be delivering projects to protect the environment and secure water supplies and wastewater treatment in line with customer expectations.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, a minimum of 26 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 30 days depending on grade and length of service, and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding, and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career, flexible working arrangements, and great benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident Leader employer.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities, and the environment can thrive. This means, that when a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of your role, you’ll be asked to help our Instant Support Team to help our customers in their hour of need. This is incredibly rewarding, and you’ll be given full training – it’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business and meet colleagues. Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can’t consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.