We are recruiting for several DCM Operators to work for a company based in Telford. The company produce aluminum parts for the automotive industry. You will be responsible for the maintenance of state-of-the-art die casting machines. The Die Castings Operators will be supported fully in their journey with this company.
You could be looking to start your journey with a new company following your apprenticeship or finishing university or be a more experienced DCM operator looking to move to the next challenge.
If you do the join the company with limited experience you will get full training and supervision and eventually will become more self-sufficient and be able to work more autonomously.These positions are working Nights Monday - Friday 22.00 - 06.00 with a basic salary of £20,012.00 plus shift allowance.
Main duties will be:
- Working with molten aluminium and understanding the risks/hazards associated
- Understand and adhere to area specific Risk Assessments and raise any amendments or concerns using the Stop, Call, Wait or Don’t Walk By process.
- Checking part quality, identifying potential non-conformance, and ensuring quality procedures are adhered to and parts are quarantined in line with requirements.
- Appreciation of the PQR (Product Quality Record) process and roles and responsibilities involved
- Understand and follow the SWI (Standard Work Instructions) for the area, flagging potential improvements/inaccuracies with Team Leaders/Supervisors for review.
- To attend on-time daily and participate in the area team meetings, to gain an understanding of the previous shifts and the requirements for the upcoming shift.
- Understand and adhere to the specific LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) requirements of the area.
- Completion of basic AM (autonomous maintenance) tasks on the die cast machines.
- Completion of basic TPM (Total productive maintenance) tasks on the die cast machines to reduce/eradicate breakdowns, slow running and defects.
- Undertake scanning of parts to assign job allocation and ensuring parts match
- Adherence to all MAFACT, Magna factory excellence requirements for the area
- Appreciation of basic metallurgical information
- Have a basic awareness of the Die Cast Machine understanding key functions such as tie bars, die clamps, stake mounts and safety scotch
- Ability to open and close the die and have understand the operation of the die carrier and slides
- Understand and manage the HBT (Hold Pot of Furnace)
- Assessing, coating, cleaning and auditing of ladle
- Undertaking basic filter cleaning, readying and filter housing condition checks in vacuum area
- Understand thermal camera including setting in auto mode and fault mode recognition
- Understanding of the laser, including filter, lens and camera clean and fault finding on HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- Appreciation of good part conveyor including understanding of auto function and operation, sensor set up and run out routine
- Basic awareness of simple tasks with handling and extracting robot including basic maintenance, cleaning
The successful candidate will ideally have the following experience:
- Proven production experience
- Experience in within a casting facility
- Previous experience as a machine operator/setter
- Problem solving in a production environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Team player across multiple functions
- Confidence to challenge and stop processes if risk to safety or quality
- Continuous Improvement driven
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to work on own initiative
- Willingness to learn and develop skill set
- Critical/technical thinker
- Eligible to work in the UK
In return the company will provide full support and training in their journey.
Additional benefits will include:
- 25+BH holidays
- Sick Pay
- Free parking
- Development opportunities
- Longer term job security
- Part of a global business that employs 158,000 people