Imports Assistant. An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for a hardworking and pro-active individual to join the Imports Department of our client, which deals with the shipment of around 10,000 containers a year.
They are looking for a highly motivated candidate with excellent attention to detail and who can demonstrate strong organisational, communications and IT skills (Excel specifically).
As an Import Assistant you will be working closely with the Shipping Co-Ordinator.
This is a full time, temporary position with normal working hours of 08:45-17:30 (limited flexi-time available).
Although experience of imports (sea freight containers) would be an advantage, we are prepared to provide full training. This department is extremely busy, so the ability to multitask, but with maintained accuracy and high productivity is essential. The role will suit someone who enjoys a challenge, likes problem solving and who works best when under pressure.
• Registering container orders
• Processing shipping documents, international payments, preparing customs entries
• Expediting shipments, shipping documents and container releases with suppliers
• Scheduling container deliveries
• Booking in UK / EU deliveries to our Distribution Centre within our set booking structure
• Reviewing / issuing of daily reports
• Investigating and resolving issues (loading / price / cube)
• Updating & monitoring of information onto our bespoke intranet-based system
• Raising & resolving claims with suppliers (UK & International)
• Customs Tariff reviews
• General Admin & correspondence within the import dept
Skills & Requirements:
• Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and consistency of work
• The ability to communicate effectively with a range stake-holders
• The ability to work calmly when under pressure
• The ability to pick things up quickly
• The ability to multi-task
• Commitment and confidence with strong administrative, organisational and prioritisation skills
• Proficient written, numerical, analytical and IT skills, particularly Excel and a sound understanding of online processes
• Optional - experience of working within the international shipping industry would be an advantage
If you thrive off of new challenges and working in busy team - then please apply now!
This vacancy is being handled by Chelsea Walker, Recruitment Consultant at Pertemps Plymouth who is currently responsible for all Temporary Commercial Recruitment.
Chelsea has been working in the Recruitment industry for 4 years now and prides herself on working with her applicants and client companies to find the right people for the right job, every time.