Our client is globally renowned in the retail industry, with over 90 stores in the UK and stores in 16 countries worldwide, it is still growing!
This is a key role in their global finance team supporting the Supply Chain, Buying, International and Merchandising teams. This role is an important business partner supporting delivery and understanding of group margin performance and reporting of actuals, budgets, forecasts and trends to understand business performance. The role is ideal for a proactive, recently qualified accountant with retail or supply chain experience who thrives in a fast paced and ever evolving environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for supporting forecasting, reporting and delivery of Network sales and gross margin on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Work effectively and pro-actively with Merchandising and S&OP teams to provide, manage and forecast Group sales plan, including departmental sales and promotional or markdown strategy and key risks or opportunities
• Support the business through the key GTM process to manage seasonal buying process
• Accurately deliver month end and raise year to go risk and opportunities
• Responsible for assisting the delivery of key analysis of COGS (including Product cost (FOB), Agent fee, Inbound Logistics, Tariffs & duties
• Support analysis and understanding of Gross margin performance
• Assist reporting and challenge to the business on the volume and value of inventory on a regular basis
• Support the Supply Chain, Merchandising, Buying and International teams in appropriate strategies that support the delivery of the overall business strategy including long range plans, annual plans and re-forecasts
including weekly 1:1’s to resolve financial issues
• Help support Merchandising teams to build and improve stock reporting across the Group, to provide accurate and timely information that drives business decisions
• Continually challenge current thinking / assumptions and use bench marking to drive best practice as well as original solutions specifically with network and DC cost efficiency
• Conduct insightful analysis to help the Supply Chain team to evaluate the impact of new and ongoing operational and/or financial initiatives in order to both meet and exceed short-term and long-term objectives
Requirements for this role:
• Commercial drive, passion and commitment to delivering change through actions and influence
• 1-2 years PQE in retail, FMCG or supply chain
• Recently from a commercial background but with previous experience of management accounts
• Strong data analysis skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
• Good time management and organisation skills
• Possess good oral communication, influencing and presentation skills
• Accuracy and quality of analysis
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.