Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world! We are proud to be working with a highly respected London based university that is currently looking for a Finance Analyst for a fixed period until September 2019, but with the potential for a further funding period of seven years.
The job is a mixture of analysis, forecasting, reporting, payments and reconciliations so covers many of the base skills required to be successful within a finance department.
Your key responsibilities will include:-
• Analyse actual spend to date vs expected spend (to identify mis-codes)
• Fees: decide how to forecast future spend for each position based on current assumption
• Decide whether current assumptions are still valid
• Expenses: decide how to apply logical decisions to future forecast (some should use average spend, others are more specific)
• Sense-check current assumptions to decide if the forecast for the year is accurate
• Responsible to review and identify major month-on-month core cost changes for logic and then decide whether to feed the changes into the forecast spreadsheet
• Tracking core staffing movements
• Create accruals by processing receipts against Purchase Orders (PO's) on the financial accounting system, Aptos, and decide how to meet forecasts to fall within a 5% variance level
• Create revenue journal entries for monthly actual costs, accruals and overhead
• Complete final monthly statement, narratives (and quarterly sales invoices if applicable) to DfID
• Review and interrogate reports for discrepancies
• Send monthly statements, narratives and quarterly invoices to DfID
• Responsible to decide how to answer and provide documentation for DfID queries regarding monthly statement and quarterly invoices
• Update summary spreadsheet with monthly statement values versus annual budget
• Update cumulative accruals balance spreadsheet and provide to DfID
• Establish a cost allocation for staff time between funds and ensure this is captured accurately to enable correct processing of monthly payroll journals
• Run cost reports from the access data base for each fund using filters and pivots
• Create an actuals vs budget report for each fund
• Get all reconciliations up to date for all advance accounts monthly
• Create journals to clear advances monthly
Your skills and experience to include:
• Highly IT literate especially in Microsoft systems and adaptive to new systems
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and plenty of spreadsheet experience
• Evidence of excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
• Ability to participate in and make effective use of networks within the workplace and externally
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organise own workload in order to consistently meet deadlines, often under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to show initiative in responding to requests by providing information without supervision in a prompt and efficient manner
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.