The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves…
Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with an international digital media group. They are looking for an exceptional pioneer to step into the role of Head of Finance.
As Head of Finance, you will be hands-on with the company's finances and comfortable working in a high-growth, fast paced environment. You will be commercially aware having worked in a similar position in a fast growth business. You'll be responsible for all aspects of the company's finances, ranging from cash management to accurate reporting of the company's historic performance as well as accurate short- and medium-term forecasting.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Form a close working relationship with the CFO and Leadership Team
● Financial monthly reporting of global operations. Take ownership of the preparation of financial reporting
● Assisting with the production of an insightful board pack
● Constructive challenging of forecast assumptions and decision making
● Provide financial analysis and close guidance on business plans, activities and targets. Be accountable for the yearly budgeting process
● Responsible for working with the HR team to ensure global payroll is accurate and runs efficiently
● Responsible for appraising the current finance team and looking at ways to improve the quality of output/make recommendations for changes
● Ensure and create robust financial systems and processes that are compliant and able to fully support current and future activities.
● Control the cash flow, working capital and collection
● Prepare a monthly rolling forecast that is robust and accurate
● Prepare and review agreements with suppliers, ensuring that the procurement policy in place is thoroughly followed
● Assisting with special projects E.G. fund raising
● Dealing with the VC Investors with regards to specific reporting requests and analysis
Your skills and experience will include:
• Previous experience in a tech / start-up / SME company desired
• Qualified accountant - ACA ex-BIG 4/Top 10
• Exceptional communication skills at all levels
• Strong I.T skills
• A passion for accuracy and timeliness
• Experience with global payrolls
• Substantial experience in development and monitoring of stakeholder budgeting and forecasting cycles and delivery of financial management reporting, analysis and commentary
• Fast thinker, able to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
• High integrity and openness combined with good governance
• Excellent and proven leadership skills
• Advanced Excel Skills, modelling experience would be helpful
• Willingness and attitude to help find workable and pragmatic solutions
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.