Job Title: Maintenance Process Technician
Salary: £27000 - £30000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Process Technician based in Coventry. The position is will be working on a new semi-automated production line.
To maximise the performance of the Copack Operation by reduction of downtime and PPM, weekly and monthly activities; providing support, motivation, training and development of the workforce, executing against customer requirements and operational performance. This role will involve the maintenance of the routine equipment including the continuous improvement of line setup and balance. To control all areas relative to product safety and quality in compliance with customer and legal requirements within the constraints of an agreed budget. Building customer confidence in the quality standards and processes which apply within the business. This role will be on the front foot when it comes to ensuring compliance with to all aspects of safety, quality and legality. They will strive to deliver right first time 100% of the time by working with all aspects of the process, site and customer. Offer immediate services to the wider site and support Production Line Maintenance and Compliance.
- Work to achieve all key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Implements the Run to Standards philosophy- Centreline / standard settings, SOPs, PFTs, downtime recording, SIC boards, visual management.
- Promotes innovative solutions to maximize efficiency.
- Cooperates with all corporate functions to maximise productivity and efficiency.
- Cooperates in new product launch.
- Responsible for analysis of downtime and the generation of detailed action plans that deliver improvements.
- Creation of machine specific problem follow up plans that identify robust actions and identified improvements.
- Liaison with other departments to ensure the above are implemented, fully understood and embeded into working practices
- Responsible for preparation and roll out of SOP's , OPL and other process improvement related documentation.
- Provide operational support to resolve process and manufacturing issues
- Identify opportunities to reduce bottle necks and improve productivity
- Responsible for increasing manufacturing OEE by an agreed %.
- Support site wide CI initiatives
- Provide sound technical advice to ensure that product are made safely and to the highest quality standards
- Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and site procedures and policies
- Support new business projects when required
- To train and a direct team of operatives
- Support operations with the roll out Standard Operating Procedures to reduce any quality issues
- To continuously review copacking processes, procedures and capabilities in order to sustain the most cost effective and efficient method for meeting our service requirements and making recommendations for improvement as appropriate
- Surveillance and documentation for all day to day food safety, legality and quality issues, ensuring that significant issues are escalated to Site Management in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ensure that product quality is monitored and tested at all relevant stages of production and that any issues relating to quality are identified and corrective action taken
- Writing of new and reviewing of existing policies and procedures
- Undertake appropriate audits to ensure compliance (inclusive of hourly and start up (new product, change as required)
- Maintain a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment
- Ensure calibration of equipment and track all relevant equipment on site
- Deliver cleaning and hygiene standards by management of all aspects of the facility hygiene verification tools
- Involvement in product trails and launches
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the Site Management System and implementing agreed changes
- Support the site product specifications management regarding maintaining and regularly reviewing supplier specifications (raw materials, packaging and finished product) to ensure current and coordination of supplier approval and assessment programmes (incl. SAQ;s and Audits). Have in-depth product knowledge backed up with approved data and present in a controlled and understandable media
- Follow up actions from internal and external audits and ensure non-conformance are closed out on time
- Support the development of quality goals and targets as part of the organisations strategic plan
- Lean manufacturing tools
- Manufacturing machinery maintenance
- Internal auditing
- Previous operations experience
- Technical maintenance ability
Skills/Knowledge and Capabilities
- Can do, passion and right first time attitude
- Ability to manage change processes
- Ability to deploy and change resource allocations during the shift in response to the changing requirements
- Strives to deliver results
- Coaching and active listening skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to drive Standards within the direct team
- Communication skills
- Good balance of Results and respect approach
- Act independently without direct supervision
Call now 01788 578888.