IT Manager / Senior Linux Systems Admin
Fast growing small to medium sized company based in Newbury is looking for an IT Manager / Senior Linux Systems Administrator to help enable them to continue to grow and develop.
The successful person must have the following skills and experience:
- IT leadership skills and experience
- An active hands-on approach
- Strong Linux Systems Admin capability including:
- knowledge and experience with enterprise Linux distributions,
- understanding of network setup, layers, routing, configuration, TCP routing, and facilities (DNS, DHCP, NTP, iptables etc),
- Knowledge of Linux security such as SELinux, LDAP, NSS, PAM etc.,
- Sound scripting and language skills, such as bash, Python, Perl etc.,
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies such as KVM, Xen, QEMU, virsh etc.,
- Configuration and maintenance of common Linux applications such as Apache, Glassfish, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, BIND, SSH, and SNMP,
- Good knowledge of CI tools such as Jenkins (preferably), Cruise Control and work management tools such as Jira (preferably), Bugzilla.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to manage time and workload efficiently, including planning, organizing, and following through on a variety of tasks, assignments, projects, and reports, paying close attention to detail.
- A motivated self-starter with a “start-up style” delivery ethos.
- Has a strong delivery ethos and can influence people to make things happen.
- Fast learner and active problem solver.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Scalable web architectures.
- Good working knowledge of large database systems like Oracle.
- Deployment and running a large SAAS platform.
- Test automation and tools like Selenium.
- AWS operation and deployment.
- Cisco firewalls and switches.
- Managing Layer2 VLANs.
- Public key/private key encryption.
- Installation, use and restrictions of remote access tools.
- Configuration of VOIP systems.
- Supporting Microsoft desktop operating systems and office suite
This opportunity suits someone either wanting to step up in their career and take on more broad ranging responsibility across an IT estate or someone who has already progressed into a leadership role and is now keen on a more hands-on technical role without the added extra responsibility of managing staff.
You will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a passion to further develop your skills and career with this highly exciting and innovative Newbury based company.
In return you will be rewarded with a good basic of up to £60k, pension, life cover and a great working environment and the opportunity to work with and learn from some talented people!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.