Fantastic opportunity to be at the forefront of Operations within a well-established company based in Burgess Hill, servicing the commercial care sector and thereby making a difference to the lives of the vulnerable and elderly in care. This Company has a distinguished reputation for delivering a knowledgeable and personable service to its customers and requires an expert to coordinate the continuance of this as the company scales up to achieve its ambitious sales growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the whole operational effort with a focus on the successful running of the service engineer team. You will experience the satisfaction of facilitating a first-class customer experience. Our client's core business is in the delivery of its field service function and therefore this position will hold a pivotal role in the Company's sustainable growth.
At the outset, a significant part of this will require involvement in the company's journey to 'paperless' as we seek to implement a new field service management software solution. This move is set to revolutionise both the company and the customer experience, rid us of long-standing frustrations caused by disjointed systems and ultimately provide us with a competitive advantage.
Ongoing key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the workflow and daily activities of a team of field-based service engineers
- Manage procurement and stock control functions to ensure inventory is optimised
- Coordinate the workflow and daily activities within the workshops
- Establish a training program for the field engineer team
- Day to day management of team - ensuring that the highest standard of performance is consistently maintained
- Monthly payroll preparation for submission to HR
- Working alongside the General Manager to establish and maintain Health and Safety guidelines, ensuring full compliance at all times
- Manage the maintenance of the service vehicle fleet
To apply for this role you must have a proven track record of managing a remote workers team and be able to evidence a significant contribution to operational success in a previous position. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership traits, with a diplomatic but strong-willed approach to management. Excellent organisation and co-ordination skills are essential. A Technical aptitude is also important in order to be able to relate to the engineers and thereby gain their respect. Previous involvement in a software implementation project would be attractive but not essential.
In order to free up the current General Manager, this role is due to commence as soon as possible and alongside a competitive salary, the package is as follows:
- Hours of work 7.30am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday (to align with those of the Field Engineer workforce)
- Lunch provided/included
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Free parking on site (alongside excellent public transport links)