Credit Controller position available with our global corporate client within the energy sector, based within their bright and modern offices in Redhill. This is a Company who offer excellent benefits, including an annual bonus of 10% of your annual salary (based on 1 to 1's and performance reviews) as well as flexi-time, private health care, 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays and many more!Working within the Business Credit Department within a lively and supportive team, this role is due to commence as soon as possible, although notice periods will be taken into account. This position will be working within a highly targeted and driven environment and using your excellent communication skills and you will use your enjoyment of negotiation, investigation and data gathering and understanding technical information.Duties involved in this role will include:
- Ensure collection procedures are administered in accordance with company & departmental policies.
- Methodical approach to review & prioritisation of ledger debt daily.
- Timely completion of departmental process's & controls; workflow, cashflow, month end analysis, no remits.
- Collection of Manual Direct Debits when due, and act upon any rejected DD's immediately.
- Continuously build & develop customer relationships.
- Identify accounts for escalation and submit proposals to Team Leader for further action.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that issues are resolved quickly & correctly, to assist customer in payment.
- Provide cover for team representatives on all active Gas & Power ledgers when absence occurs.
- Responsibility for managing their activities to ensure all relevant HSE risks are appropriately mitigated.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working in a targeted, direct contact credit control department with a high volume of query resolution (ideally 3 + years)
- High level of customer service skills (listening empathy, understanding)
- Proven decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills