Seeking a Confident, Creative, Knowledgeable, Hard Working Early Years Nursery Nurse.
To work in a well organised and lively setting with exceptional childcare services for children from 3 months to five years. Opportunity to progress and take on new duties and tasks, training days will be essential to help you build on your role.
Mitcham / Full Time
Responsibilities & Duties:
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise the Manager of any concerns e.g. health and well-being of children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To take action to support the setting to achieve and maintain a minimum good Ofsted rating at the next inspection.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To support meal times within the setting.
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervision meetings and appraisal meetings.
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for personal development.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for guidance.
- To help to set up for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting's operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- To promote the setting to current parents and potential customers.
- To deal with issues and conflict on professional level respecting other members of staff.
Apply today, iterviews will start immediately..
- Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification or equivalent, and a commitment to obtaining a level 4 qualification.
- Current First Aid, GM, Prevent Duty and Food Safety training.
- Sound knowledge of child development from birth to five years.
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures.