Regional Senior Estates Officer
Temporary 12 month contract
£153.42 per day
Our public sector client has an immediate requirement for an experienced Regional Senior Estates Officer to join their team on a temporary basis for 12 months. The successful candidate will assist the Project and Estates Manager to meet strategic and operational objectives of the service. Identify if sufficient quantities of train staff are in place and any deficiencies brought to the attention of the Project & Estates Manager.
- Assist the Projects & Estate Manager in the management of all resources
- Responsible for the delivery of all delegated projects
- As the Authorised Person be responsible for design, obtaining tenders, liaison with contractors, consultants and statutory bodies agreeing standard to ensure they are met.
- Accepting completed work in line with SHTM, SHBN, SHFN and Approved Codes of Practice standard (SFG20)
- Financial and budgetary responsibility of minor work projects
- Produce reports as required for the Facilities Management Team.
- Provide specialist management and lead technical support
- Provide appropriate training and advice for staff in consultation with others for all new systems and equipment
- Provide diagnostic technical support, advice and direction to line management of staff, Contractors and direct labour.
- Advise staff on H&S issues
- Participate in the development review and testing of Estates Department Emergency Plans and Estates Departmental Contingency Plans
- Identify the risks involved with estates work activities, carry out risk assessments, mitigate risk/probability and implement control measures as required, audit as required.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant local policies and procedures including those related to Health and Safety legislation and Risk Management.
- Monitor facilities activities to confirm that the environments maintain safe and secure practices and that they are adhered to.
- Where risk are identified, take necessary action as per policies and procedures
- Discuss and agree within regular estates team meetings the implications of direction, policies and strategies on building, structure & grounds, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, HR, procurement and commissioning. Discuss and agree changes that can be made, identify problems, planning and implementing changes to practice, establishing goals.
- Ensure the compliance of the Estates Department Quality Procedures and Standards and support the development of BSI Quality Systems to include a programme of continuous quality improvement within the department.
- Ensure inhouse maintenance system database is maintained and up to date.
- Ensure compilation and introduction of essential planned maintenance schedules and testing requirements for new equipment and systems.
- To ensure the statutory planned preventative maintenance inspection and testing programmes for all services are carried out and completed.
- Evaluate the quality of own and others work, raise quality issues and related risks with the relevant people.
- Project Management of Maintenance, Estates Investment and Minor Works from inception to completion.
- To provide cost estimates, cost checks and to record expenditure on each Estates Project using Estates Departmental finance control measures.
- Must hold a relevant professional or equivalent vocational qualification plus additional knowledge or a relevant Degree with experience to Masters level with additional specialist knowledge e.g Electrical, Building or Engineering.
- Demonstrate significant managerial knowledge
- Knowledge to ensure compliance with all statutory SHTM, SHBN, SHFN, SFG20 and Approved codes of practice and CDM Regulations.
- Able to provide diagnostic technical support and direction to trades staff and all relevant staff
- Ability to understand and prepare financial reports required by Senior Managers
- Knowledge of H&S at Work Legislation, Fire Policy, Operational Procedures and Subsidiary Policies and Departmental Health and Safety procedures.
- Ability to work in a varied environment to tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated, flexible, adaptable.
- Strong communicator both verbally and written.
- Provide complex technical assistance.
To be considered please apply online now with your up to date CV.