A national public body which promotes the welfare of children and families involved in family court are in need of a temporary Business Services Officer to start ASAP until March 2020 intially with the possibility of extension and permanency. This role will be based in Bloomsbury Street, London.
Role: Business Services Officer
Rate: Circa £11 per hour
Location: Bloomsbury Street, London ( Nearest Station is Tottenham Court Road)
Duration: Asap to March 2020 initially - Possibly perm for the right candidate
To contribute to the effective and efficient management and progression of cases, providing administrative support to the local Family Court Advisors and Service Managers, including such areas as monitoring case progression, receiving referrals from the court or the Organisation Intake Team, creating updating and closing cases within ECMS, saving relevant documents, sending letters and information packs to service users, following up any missing information, telephone and reception duties, and other general administrative support as required. Post holders are expected to fully participate in local and corporate meetings as necessary
Core Duties and responsibilities :
Service Effectiveness and Information Management
- To have an understanding of the commitment to safeguarding children within the organisation, and to support and contribute to organisational wide activities to meet statutory and professional responsibilities with regard to safeguarding children.
- Provide administrative support to ensure that relevant safeguarding checks have been completed where necessary and updated in ECMS.
- To work with the organisations Intake Team in ensuring timely electronic receipt of new applications for private law cases. Ensuring that electronic case files are set up and the work is allocated to the local Work to First Hearing Practitioner Team.
- Gather, check or verify information as required to ensure case details are accurately captured and recorded, alerting FCAs or Service Managers of missing information where necessary.
- Produce and send letters or other information to service users, utilising available templates. Examples include appointment letters and welcome packs.
- Share information or notify other stakeholders or agencies such as Local Authorities, Independent Reviewing Officers, solicitors and the courts.
- To ensure that public law electronic files are created and ECMS is updated with court orders and reports at key case milestones. Liaise with Service Managers and FCAs to ensure timely case closures on ECMS and run data validation reports in order to ensure a high level of data accuracy.
- To maintain internal records as required, including input into databases and systems, the maintenance of office records and filing systems (hardcopy and electronic). Ensuring compliance with data protection legislation and information assurance policy and procedures at all times.
- Minimum of NVQ2 (or equivalent) or willingness to work towards.
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Experience of operating a telephone system.
- Experience of communicating with staff at all levels.
- Experience of co-ordinating sub-contractor arrangements
- Working knowledge of audiovisual equipment.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Ability to deal with situations sensitively and maintain confidentiality.
- It literacy in the use of Microsoft Office and the potential to develop skills further.
- Can work well individually or as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and service users in a sensitive, confident and professional manners.