We are currently recruiting for Maintenance Controllers to join the team of one of our long-standing clients, Royal Mail, within the Fleet department.The role will require you to be responsible for a range of Technical and Cost Controlling decisions in Royal Mail’s external Maintenance function. You will be part of a team consisting of Technical Controllers, Service Advisors and Administrators and will work across a range of processes that will entail delivering to daily, weekly and monthly targets.Your team will be responsible for arranging the booking of Internal and External Maintenance, liaising with relevant Stakeholders, Managing External Operational workflow, controlling expenditure and processing relevant Compliance Documentation.
- Scrutinise, challenge and authorise the costs of up to 150 daily jobs
- Manage estimate/authorisation workflow via Portals, E-mails and phone calls
- Interface with up to 100 Maintenance Suppliers and their respective billing structures
- Support the centralised booking team with assessing the roadworthiness of vehicles
- Quality checking of compliance documentation
- Documenting of workflow on internal Asset Management System
- Investigation of warranty violations
- Report on billing accuracy of suppliers within the Maintenance Network
- Excellent IT Skills – preferably with experience in a range of software packages, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- NVQ Level 2 or Equivalent in a relevant Automotive Engineering and/or Maintenance Field
- 5+ years of experience working in a workshop and/or Fleet Environment
- Experience of authorising work in a Fleet Environment
- Experience liaising with Suppliers and External Suppliers
- Experience of quality checking HGV Compliance Documents
Working Hours and Pay Rate:You will be required to work on rota’d shifts, 2 weeks of 6am until 2pm Monday to Friday and then 2 weeks of 8am until 4pm Monday to Friday.The rate of pay for this position is £17.16 per hour.
Other Information:The role is being offered on a temporary basis, initially for 3 months however this may well be extended.Hybrid working will be offered after the initial training period, with up to 3 days in the office per week.These particular offices for Royal Mail are based in Chesterfield, so you need to ensure you are able to get there for the required start times.
Please apply today to register your interest, alternatively, please give us a call on 0114 2425653 and ask to speak with Amy.