PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE NVQ LEVEL 2 OR NVQ LEVEL 3 QUALIFICATION IN CARPENTRY OR FIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a West London local authority currently in the process of bringing its property repairs and maintenance services back in-house and forming its own DLO.
There is currently an urgent requirement for 2 domestic carpenters to join the team on a permanent/ongoing basis.
1. JOB PURPOSE:
- Responsible for being part of a multi-disciplined works team within the housing repairs function delivering effective repairs within the cost & quality parameters of the DLO ensuring health and safety compliance and best practice. To work in a professional and flexible manner that meets the demands of the customers.
- To carry out all types of Joinery work both internally and externally.
- The main will responsibilities will include and not be limited to, the candidate renewing fire door leaves and doorsets to communal areas;
- To be able to measure and prepare fire door blanks for installations.
- To be able to make good minor decorative damage following installations.
- To be able to carefully follow manufacturer’s instructions with regards to fire doors.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- To carry out all types of repairs & maintenance works both internally and externally, including fencing, decorating, small maintenance tasks, demolition and alteration works and remedial works in order to complete projects to the customer or client satisfaction as directed by your line manager or other nominated designate.
- The candidate will be expected to be able to fit on average a minimum of two door leaves a day
- Use all necessary joinery tools plant and equipment associated with the post and joinery duties undertaken.
- Manage materials as effectively as possible with regards to minimising waste, choice of specification and logistics.
- . To undertake pre-measuring work in order to assess works required and ensure its completion.
- Use a company issued PDA where provided to carry out the job role. e.g. receiving instructions, accurately completing works orders, general communications and ordering materials. Where there is a requirement complete any necessary paperwork related to the repair.
- To drive company vehicles in a careful professional manner and take care of your allocated vehicle by completing weekly inspections and weekly cleaning of vehicle, in accordance with all company procedures.
- Undertake individual or corporate training and development in association with your role and duties.
- Ensure the compliance of all minimum standards of work, customer care requirements and key performance measures in undertaking the role.
- Ensure the observance of all statutory and local safety, health and environmental precautions and report immediately any accidents or breaches of safety procedures to your line manager in accordance with the company policies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least five years’ experience in carpentry (minimum three years with qualifications)
-Experience fitting fire doors
- City & Guilds Level 2 or 3
- The ability to hang doors
- Their own hand tools such as chisels, hammers and tape. Power tools will be provided by the client.
- A manual driving licence- van will be provided by the client.