Sheridan Maine are engaged on an exclusive basis to recruit a motivated Accounts Clerk to join a hugely successful business brand based near Birmingham Airport, in an opportunity which offers a fantastic grounding in accounts and the support and training for onward career development.
This well-known and widely respected business brand has a long track record in attracting, retaining and developing talent, evidenced by this opportunity having come available due to the internal promotion of the current incumbent.
About the Role
This position offers exposure to
- Accounts reconciliations – Large control accounts
- Fast-paced manipulation of volume data on Excel
- Journal postings
- Nominal ledger maintenance
- Ad-hoc support for the management accountants
- General ledger postings and statements
- The accurate inputting of data into ledgers
You may be a graduate, AAT part qualified, or perhaps you simply have some solid core accounts experience and ambition to grow. What’s more important than your route so far is the motivation and commitment to pursuing a long term future career in the world of accountancy and finance.
You will probably have worked in a busy medium-sized or large business and must be able to demonstrate the following:
What’s on Offer
- Solid understanding of basic accounting functions, debits, credits, etc.
- Highly numerate and literate
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work at a fast-pace, and with volume data
- Ability to work and thrive in a structured, routine driven environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Tenacious approach to completion of tasks and problem solving
The salary on offer is £20,000-£25,000 (dependent on experience) with benefits including a share scheme, corporate discounts scheme and free onsite parking.
You will also enjoy working at the heart of an experienced team in a professional, corporate environment which will provide the perfect backdrop for your professional and personal development.
Most importantly you will develop the skills and experience to act as an ideal foundation for a career in accountancy and finance, together with the investment in, and support with professional accounting qualifications.