A superb opportunity for a talented analyst to oversee and develop FP&A within a growing SME, in a role which could serve as an ideal springboard for a FD of the future.
Sheridan Maine has been retained by this growing, fast-paced and diverse manufacturing business (group turnover c.£30m, part of an international group) which following a recent acquisition is looking to develop the way in which FP&A drives business performance and future growth.
This is very much a value-adding role, reporting directly to a supportive and progressive FD you'll oversee reporting and analysis, with the aim of developing FP&A using PowerBI to become the central point of all data, working with internal customers to understand the business and develop meaningful reports. Responsibilities will include:
- Management reporting - daily sales and margin analysis, monthly management reporting inc. KPIs, monthly consolidation and reporting to Group
- Monthly analysis of gross margin, payroll and utilisation
- Rollout and operation of a BW using PowerBI ensuring data is validated and represents "one version of the truth"
- Identification and implementation of process improvements within reporting to drive profitability
- Implementation of rolling monthly P&L and balance sheet forecasts
- Business partner support to leadership team
- Management of small team (currently 1, expected to grow over time)
Hybrid role (1-2 days per week in each of two local sites in Halesowen & Telford, the remainder from home) with salary to £70k, discretionary bonus, life cover and healthcare.Under the guidance and mentorship of a progressive, supportive and ambitious FD this is a great opportunity for an aspiring FD of the future.
- Top of the criteria and non-negotiable for this position is highly developed analytical skills - the ability to communicate complex analysis simply and clearly to management, also strong Excel skills and experience of an advanced reporting tool like PowerBI or similar, which you will likely have maintained or worked with to develop reporting models
- Strong business partnering and commercial acumen - able to work with and educate non-finance colleagues, understand the business and "tell the story" in the numbers
- Continuous improvement mindset - a track record in building and enhancing reports and processes to support business growth
- Manufacturing/engineering sector experience desirable but not essential
- Qualification - the successful candidate will almost certainly be fully qualified (ACCA, ACMA, ACA), although exceptional candidates with all of the above boxes ticked may be considered.