Building Maintenance Surveyor (pref with CaD experience)
The post holder is part of a small team of surveyors who are responsible for a range of
property maintenance, repairs and compliance services at premises within the authorities
area and out of area as required.
The work involved varies from delivering a day-to-day reactive maintenance and repairs
service to the management of planned preventative maintenance services.
The work involve delivering the service in an efficient, customer responsive way that is cost effective and ensures that properties remain in good repair and are energy efficient.
The post holder will be expected to become part of the Property Services ‘Out of Hours’
Main Duties will include :-
- Organise and oversee the delivery of any required maintenance and repair works as
- required to the Council premises.
- To establish and develop effective working relationships with the partners, building
- managers and client representatives and work with them to advise on programmes of work to be undertaken, client/customer responsibilities and work which can be undertaken on their behalf.
- To ensure that where the team has Legal and Statutory obligations on compliance for works such as asbestos, water hygiene, fire safety, lifts and gas, records are maintained up to date for the purposes of audit trails, and to assist with any investigations carried out by the Health and Safety Executive and/or other regulatory bodies.
- To manage the planned preventative service works to ensure compliance in accordance with the appropriate legislation/regulations.
- To ensure all Planned and Cyclical work is undertaken in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- To monitor progress of Planned and Cyclical work and ensure they are delivered to agreed timescales and the programme.
- Responding to emergency / urgent issues as they arise and managing these situations to deliver a satisfactory outcome.
- To ensure wherever possible that all day to day reactive maintenance, planned preventative maintenance and minor projects are carried out in conjunction with other works as part of the landlord’s annual maintenance and repairs programme.
- To carry out post works inspections to ensure that all aspects/elements of the original contract/works order and specification have been carried out to the satisfaction of the client and that the works are of the required standard and quality and if necessary to resolve any queries and/or disputes.
- To be responsible for monitoring the quality of repair work during and after completion of contracts, on a site to site day to day basis.
- To monitor and control expenditure of reactive maintenance and compliance work.
- To produce drawings utilising CaD.
This is an IMMEDIATE INTERVIEW/START for the right applicant.
Please apply to Ken Wood